The Evil in Pemberley House, the novel on which I was fortunate enough to collaborate directly with SF Grand Master Philip José Farmer, was published in 2009, just a few short months after his too-soon passing. The trade hardcover retailed for $40, while a numbered hardcover plus chapbook listed for $60. Both editions sold out in 2010.
Now, Meteor House is bringing out a trade paperback at the more accessible price point of $20, sporting the same wonderful cover painting by the inimitable Glen Orbik that graced the prior edition. Even more exiting, the Meteor House edition will include many bonus pieces, including:
- New Foreword to the 2014 Edition
- A Pemberley House/Wold Newton Family graphic tree
- An Expanded Pemberley House/Wold Newton Family graphic tree, including SPOILERS from the novel
- Outline for the novel by Philip José Farmer
- A timeline of key events in the novel by Win Scott Eckert
- A “Creative Mythography” essay by Win Scott Eckert, about the research and writing of the novel and ensuring it remained in continuity with Farmer’s other Wold Newtonian works, such as Tarzan Alive, Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life, and The Adventure of the Peerless Peer
The Evil in Pemberley House is immediately available for preorder direct from Meteor House. Order before June 30th and I will sign your copy when I am at FarmerCon IX/PulpFest 2014 in early August (all books will be shipped after FarmerCon, unless of course you come to FarmerCon, in which case you get your copy in person and Meteor House refund the shipping charge).